Hellu my lovelies! A fellow blogger, Mathilde, has been so nice as to nominate me for a Liebster Award!
The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw this was, “what actually is such an award? After a quick Google search I found out it is an unofficial blog award that only exists on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers! The idea is to promote bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who you think deserves more readers. This seemed like a harmless and kind gesture, so I decided to give this Liebster Awards thing a go! So thanks to Mathilde who thought I deserved a shout out, It’s nice to hear that people enjoy my blog! When you are nominated and choose to accept you follow these steps:
- Each person has to write 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions given to you by the person who nominated you, and make 11 new questions to the bloggers you yourself chose to nominate.
- Choose 11 blogers and link them to your blog, and then visit their blog and tell them that you have nominated them for a Liebster Award.
11 things about me
- I’m bilingual and fluently speak Norwegian and English
- I love animals, and I’m particularly partial to cats
- I am in England doing a bachelor in Ecology
- I wear contacts/glasses
- I love photography
- I can’t watch horror movies otherwise I get nightmares for days (lol)
- I bite my nails intensely, but wish I could stop
- I have never travelled outside Europe (but hope to change that soon)
- Didn’t have my first kiss until I was 17.. haha
- I used to do horse riding!
- I over think everything
Questions given to me (translated into English)
1. What is the most fun thing that has happened to you on a trip? Going to Tenerife in 2012 with my best friend was absolutely one of the best holiday I’ve been on to this day! It’s hard to pick out just one fun thing from that trip! It was all amazing! Perhaps seeing wild dolphins and whales.. Or fearing for my life whilst sliding down the “Tower of Power” in the water-park of Siam Park! Or perhaps watching the majestic orca leaping spectacularly out of the water at their show in Siam Park! Or cycling down from Teide to the coast at great speeds! Or diving and seeing all the fishies! Or trecking down beautiful Tenerife landscape and snorking at the bottom destination, on the coast! Or just laughing and having a swell time on the beach with an underwater camera with my best friend! Nope.. can’t decide.. all of them!
2. What is the weirdest/grossest? I really had to think hard for this one! I think I’m fortunate enough to say I can’t think of anything particular unfortunate that has happened to me on a trip! The only thing that perhaps I could argue was gross was once when I went on a weekend camping/horsetrekking in Voss with a friend through a tourist organisation I had it a bit rough. I had some tomato soup that didn’t go down well and I had a very painful tummy ache and was throwing up for most of the holiday. Haha, all I wanted to was go home.. Must have been early teens when that happened!
3. What do you think is going to be the best thing you remember from your twenties when you are old? As I am only 19, I still have no clue! Hopefully getting a degree and remembering my awesome time here in England. Exploring the world, getting a job and meeting the one.
4. If money wasn’t an issue, what would you use the rest of your life doing? Travelling and seeing the natural wonders of the world and seeing wildlife at it’s best in every possible way, in the sea, in the sky, up mountains, in the deserts, in the forests and in the Arctic. With of course my trusty camera by my side!
5. What is your dream job? Doing as described above but with cash! Haha.. Maybe more realistically, working with conservation work on a wildlife reserve. Maybe doing some work at a zoo! Maybe helping making wildlife documentaries! Anything that would let me be mostly outside would be ideal! I hate the idea of an office job.
6. Where goes your dream trip? Oh so many! My ultimate destination is Australia! Particularly to dive at the Great Barrier Reef! But there are so many other fantastic places to discover too! So many I don’t even know of yet either! There is too much beauty in the world!
7. Would you rather stay at an all-inclusive hotel or a small, cosy hostel? Why? Tricky one.. Hmm depends on the location. I think if this was in a city I would go in the luxurious hotel, but maybe if I was somewhere scenic and more in the countryside I might try the cosy hostel.
8. Why did you start blogging? I’ve always loved blogs, and have been reading them intensely for probably 4 years now (I read around 73 different blogs according to my bloglovin.. haha wow). When I was younger I tried my hand at blogging several times on different occasions, but I didn’t really know what I was doing, and the content was a bit rubbish with no direction. Coming to England however, gave me the perfect excuse at trying out blogging again, as it would be a perfect way to update friends and family, as well as having a sort of diary from my time here! Maybe even inspire others to try the same and study abroad? This time I had a clear direction with my writing, a theme, and I love doing it! I love sharing photos and it’s a nice way to express thoughts and feelings brought by this new chapter of my life.
9. Describe yourself with 3 words! funny, weird and worried.
10. Best life advice to give to others? Not really enough life experience to have any advice to give of my own, but my dad has given me a couple I try and stick to (even though I fail quite often): “work hard, play hard”, and when in a situation, like a fight or an argument, try and see the other person’s side and not just your own.
11. Favourite quote? Never been a “quote person” really.. But maybe something like “It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts” is appropriate for myself at the moment.
Who I nominate
Umh.. well I know it is not in the spirit of this award, but I really don’t know that many blogs that I read who aren’t already famous or well followed blogs. Also, I have no clue what kind of statistics they have when it comes to readers! 😛 . Anyway, these are a couple of people I have read for a while and who I think are worth having a look at! Pretty sure some of these are well read bloggers.
My questions for you guys:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What camera do you prefer to use?
- Where did you spend on your last holiday?
- What was your favourite memory from that trip?
- What things make you happy?
- Who is your favourite historical figure (been dead for at least 100 years)?
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
- Describe yourself with 3 words
- Are you studying/working? If so, what?
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve done?
- What do you think is your best feature?
Hope you guys like my answers, and I’m looking forward to reading yours! 😀